It was hard for me to decide whether or not my first introductory post was good or not -which I narcissistically stated to be good- because it pretty much does the job, but doesn’t exactly give you a good image of who I am. So, along with the Zero To Hero: 30 Days to a Better Blog Challenge, I resolved to write this post so my beautiful WordPress followers would get to know me a little deeper, and to hopefully, help my blog evolve into something more interesting and appealing.
1. My name is Lisette and I am currently 18 years old. My birthday is on February 21st.
2. My mother language is spanish, and I’ve lived in Dominican Republic all my life, so the reason as to why I blog in english, is so I can reach a wider audience through WordPress (plus I have a lot of international friends that don’t speak spanish, so it’s like neutral ground).
3. I will be moving to Florence, Italy in T-7 days to study Interior Design and get my Bachelor’s (and hopefully Master’s) degree, meaning that I will post a lot about Travel and Italy in the near future.
4. I really can’t say my blog only has one direction since I post about many different topics that interest me, but I also try to do general posts that people can relate to, so they can have a good laugh and share it, like this one and this one, and a few others I’ve posted.
5. The rest I’ve divided in a few simple categories: Art (anything related to it, or posts about pieces I do), Daily Prompts (for non WordPress users: it’s just posts about certain topics and questions posted by The Daily Post when I’m running out of ideas), Personal (any opinions strictly personal that don’t fall into any of the other categories), Rants/Reviews (about current trending topics), Travel (my trips, tips, photos…), and Uncategorized (which I try not to use).
6. I use a lot of sarcastic humor in my writing, so bare with me.
7. If I blog successfully during 2014, I will be really happy by just accomplishing that mere fact. Being a student in Italy will mean that I will be busy most of the time, so I really want to keep up with my blog, and if all goes well, I’ll have a good number of readers and views by the end of the year (which replies to today’s Daily Prompt).
8. Je parle un petit peu de français.. Bah, pas un petit peu, mais c’est plus facile pour moi de l’écrire que de le parler en personne. So if I tell you I don’t speak it, I’m lying. I understand all you’re saying except I don’t want to reply in french because my pronunciation is embarrassing.
9. So, yes, I speak english and spanish fluently, french reasonably good, and will hopefully learn italian by the next few years. Talk about being a quadrilingual hottie!
10. I started blogging a month and so ago, and I’m very proud to say I’ve scored almost 2500 views from over 30 different countries, which is outstandingly more than I initially expected. Admit it, that’s GOOD for a young island girl.
11. I’ve been a dancer for 13 years (meaning I started when I was 5, with ballet to be specific). Classical ballet, jazzdance, funk, hip hop, salsa, merengue, bachata, you name it and I’ll dance it. Ballet has been the main bridge for me to travel to the US multiple times -sometimes a year-, and to other countries. Besides, if I had never started dancing, I’d be as round as the planet because…
12. I LOVE FOOD. And not just food in general, because I’m very picky. I literally love unhealthy food way more than healthy food (I mean, who doesn’t?), so working out has always been a main part of my life.
13. I’m eternally obsessed with dogs. I’ll be that gross girl touching street dogs without disgustment or pity, and will also probably be your crazy neighbor with 100 dogs in 70 years.
14. I can be shy at first, but as our friendship evolves, you’ll start noticing I’m more of a crazy lady.
And fuck the 15th fact because I think all the previous ones work, and I’m sitting on a hard chair that is making my back sore. 🙂 I love you, WordPress!